Tuesday 21 October 2014

Sleek palette review

  Sleek makeup - i-Divine eyeshadow palette - Au natural





Last week I went on a lil cruise and needed some new natural eye shadow colours to take with me.  I had seen a few reviews on this palette so decided to give it a go myself.  I chose the palette in Au Natural, it has a really nice mix of matt and metallic shadows which was just what I was looking for.

The palette is in a matt black that looks more expensive than it is, it comes with a double ended shadow applicator and it has a really nice big mirror inside which is perfect. 

This palette works for both day and night, any occasion and it's so affordable only £7.99 from boots for 12 colours.  The metallic colours Taupe, Conker and Mineral Earth are really pigmented and don't have glitter in!!  The other 5 colours in the first row are not that pigmented so you do need to layer it up a bit, but they are perfect as base colours or just to add a lil something during the day.  Again the colours on the bottom aren't as pigmented as more expensive brands but for the price they are so so good.   The colours are also perfect if your just starting out with your makeup colletction or experimenting with new looks as they are really good colours for blending and you can't go far wrong whichever colours you put together.




I found them so easy to use in lots of different looks, my go to at the moment is a base of Cappuccino layered with Taupe and a lil bit of smoky eye using the Bark colour.  But they also looked amazing doing a subtle summery eye and a bold smokey eye.  I will definitely be buying this again and will definitely want to try out two other palettes in the range 
- Oh So Special which are cool colours in pinks which will be perfect for this winter
and
- Storm which has a mix of cool and warm colours in blues, pinks and purples

If you want to see any of these colours in a completed look let me know.

-x-

4 comments:

  1. I would love a complete look :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got a look in mind? I will be doing some looks over the weekend to post next week x

      Delete
  2. I have the Storm palette and it's really nice ! (though some of the darker colours don't blend as well)
    I like sleek blushes too =)

    Feathers and Brushes | Swiss | Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried their brushes, are they worth a look at? I was torn between the storm or au natural palette. Are the colours any good?

      Delete